31. Gower Castles

After visiting some Castle in South West Wales, around Carmathenshire, I decided to visit the Castles of the Gower, Swansea. I am very aware of the Castles that scatter the coast of the Gower, as I've essentially grown up on the Gower. I know of around three or four, but on my first visit, and after noticing that some of the Castles were closed, I only visited Weobley Castle and Pennard Castle.

Pennard Castle

I had been warned by my mother that there wasn't much to see at Pennard Castle, but none the less I wanted to visit it to document as many castles as I could. 


Pennard Castle overlooks Three Cliffs Bay, which is a stunning place so I didn't mind the trip. There was more there than I'd first imagined, but again not much which I could use for my final piece, I have a number of Castles which are fairly grand, with large towers and similar features, so I know that I want to keep to photographing Castles which do have quite substantial remains. Even though, I was more than happy to visit Pennard Castle, because I wasn't completely aware how much was left.

Weobley Castle

Weobley Castle is a fairly well known Castle to those on the Gower and also to those from Llanelli, as the Castle overlooks the Loughour Estuary. 




It was quite difficult to find useful aspects of Weobley Castle to document. Even though it's much more substantial in comparison to Pennard, it still isn't quite as good as Kidwelly or Llansteffan, but again, it might be useful in the end, and is always useful for my research and progress.


Oxwich? Closed until end of March. Must visit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9. Street Portraits - Vivian Maier

5. Fake or Not?

29. Going for the New Topographics approach.