37.Critical Evaluation

Critical Evaluation
I am very happy with my final piece for my Documentary Photography Project.

I was not sure if a book would be suitable for my final piece project, as I wanted to go down the root of the New Topographics but after some basic research and some thought, I decided that the short time scale we had, would not be suitable to create a final piece. Creating a book, however, was a much better choice. It allowed me to create simple New Topographics layout and style of work, but at the same time, allowed me to create an educational visual book which would also focus on single images.

I am happy that I chose to do my project on Castles of South Wales. there were some aspects of my project which I felt could have been better if I hadn't chosen to do Castles. Things like the cost of travel, which I hadn't really though about in the long term. I had to pay to get to the castles, either by train or by petrol, then I had to pay to get into the castles, it added up in the end. This cost could have been avoided if I had decided to do another subject, or chosen something other than Castles.

Time was a very important part of my project. Time and weather. I really should have started my first photo shoot much earlier than I did, so I would have enough time to perfect my final images. Also, I hadn't really considered the weather to be an important factor, when it really was. Even though in some of my images I have cloudy skies, I don't think it effected my work to badly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9. Street Portraits - Vivian Maier

5. Fake or Not?

29. Going for the New Topographics approach.