35. A Visit to Chepstow & Caerphilly

I've been to a number of castles so far, and now I know how I'm use my photographs I know I am coming to the end of my project. My final visits are going to include Chepstow Castle and Caerphilly, and being back up in Cardiff, after the Easter Holidays, meant that my trips would be fairly local. Cardiff Central Station is the main Station in South Wales, so I will be using train travel, with my Railcard! 

Chepstow Castle

I had no idea that Chepstow had a Castle. I know it's known for it's horse racing, but not so much it's Castle, and what a Castle it was.
The train journey was around 30minutes, which wasn't so bad. The trains were fairly often as well, at least every 20 minutes or so. It was a short walk from the Train Station in Chepstow to the Castle, you only needed to follow a main road through the town center. 


The Castle runs alongs the river Severn, high up on a sort of Cliff top, which would have given it it's great vantage point at a tiome of battle. The Castle almost blends into the cliff face, which drops into the River, it almost looked as though there could have been some kind of cave entrance into the side of the Castle. Aside from this, the Castle runs quite a way along the river, there are long Walls which secure it's position along the town, and the river. 

Here are my photographs from my visit to Chepstow Castle:






I haven't included any annotation on these two castles, because when I visited them, I knew exactly what kind of photographs I wanted to be capturing, and how. Yes I will have to narrow them down, but that's it. 



Caerphilly Castle



 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9. Street Portraits - Vivian Maier

5. Fake or Not?

29. Going for the New Topographics approach.