22. 24/7 - Final Piece & Evaluation

Here are my final images, after all the feedback and comments, for the 24/7 assignment on my grandmother, Glenda Jones.

Critical Evaluation
With regards to my 24/7 project, on my Grandmother, Glenda Jones, there are a few aspects of the project which I would have like to have changed, but overall, I am happy with my final selection of images and I do feel I documented the 24 hours of my grandmother’s life quite well.
To begin, and I believe this to have been the main issue when it came to this project, I really should have taken more photographs and gone back on several more days. This can be said about all projects, but I do feel this would have made a huge difference to my selection of final images. It would have given me a larger selection of images to choose from, and given me a larger mixture, showing every aspect of my grandmother’s day. I feel that I documented the basics, but it could have been more in-depth, and leaving a simply thing as not including a photograph of my grandfather in the final series, will bring down my overall mark, even though my grandparents aren’t that close.
More effort should have been made when documented the morning with my grandmother. Capturing her walking to the usual coffee shop which she goes to every morning, and chatting with people there would have added to the whole series.
I was very fond of my grandmother’s images ‘In Work’, capturing her chatting away with customers in work was something I was eager to document, especially as it always seems like my grandmother enjoys her job. To make the ‘At Work’ photographs better, I could have tried accessing the small kitchen area where she works. There’s only one image of her in the area, as it was very small and wasn’t very well lit, so getting a good photograph was difficult.
As I mentioned, there are a few things I would have liked to have changed, but my main issue was not having enough images to choose from, there should have been more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9. Street Portraits - Vivian Maier

5. Fake or Not?

29. Going for the New Topographics approach.